Another year has past, seemingly in the blink of an eye. When I think back to events in the past year, they seem so far away. Yet, they feel like yesterday. I don’t usually make new year resolutions as I am typically quite happy with how things are going that I’m in control of.
However, this new year came at a time where I’m feeling like I’m kind of in a slump. So figured, what the heck. Might as well make a little list of things to keep me going! Change it up a bit. Take control.
1. Remember I am responsible for my own happiness. This is such a big one. There are so many circumstances and events that are hard and often unavoidable. When they pile up quickly, it gets rough.
2. Travel even though it’s hard. I’ve gone to Minnesota once and that’s it in the last four months. Travel is what keeps me thriving. If I can’t have sunshine, warmth, family and friends to visit, I need something. Seeing new places, trying new coffee shops, being out of here. And not extravagant travels by any means. I mean like just road trips to montana and South Dakota. It’s definitely taken a toll. Six kids and two dogs really makes it difficult. I need to find a way to make it work.
3. Change my workout time to 6:30 am. I get up when my baby gets up and that’s usually about 8. Trying to do my workout with her is a little complex! She gets bored sitting in her jumper for twenty minutes and wants to be crawling around digging in the dogs bowls or sitting with me. So that is a must change!
4. Keep drinking my delicious iced coffees everyday.
5. Keep reading lots of books. It’s almost funny how excited I get about reading. I love it so much.
6. Get rid of lots of stuff. Less clutter, happier Bethany. I just don’t have time to keep cleaning up things that aren’t used and pulled out for absolutely no reason except for me to clean it up.
7. Write on here more. I love taking photos and sharing things with you guys. Even if it’s all just about nothing. I’ve written so many posts that i just delete because I’m like okay, honestly nobody’s going to care about that.
8. Take more photos! I used to bake stuff just to photograph it. That’s what would give me the motivation to bake. After awhile I got tired of it. The photos would just get stashed away in my camera roll never to be seen again. However, I enjoyed it.
9. Figure out what else I can do with my life. I love knitting, just for the creative outlet. I don’t wear my knits. Plus the side income helps! But I love so many things and it would be fun to try something new. I’ve often thought of going into research. I have a research obsession. Mainly psychology. Travel. Health and wellness. But I run out of things to research, so it would be fun to do it for others!
10. Start a podcast with my bestie. We have been talking about it and how fun it would be. She lives in Minnesota, so I don’t see her much. We are just trying to figure out how to do it!
I hope you had a happy new years and are excited for this year! I have a feeling things will look up! I just keep trying to remember my dads text to me “God knows what we need, when we need, and how we need. You just stay the course.”
Leave a Reply