I have read some really good books so far this year! Most I have read in one day as I have a hard time putting down a good book. I’ve started reading while feeding my baby instead of browsing my phone and it’s been such a good decision! And then of course if the book is super amazing, I’ll read in bed until I force myself to put it away. Reading doesn’t make me tired at all, quite the opposite, so it can be a problem! Here’s my top 5 favs so far this year!
1. The Maidens by Alex Michaelides. This author does not disappoint. I read his first novel last spring, The Silent Patient, and was hooked. He’s incredible. He’s got such talent for giving an insane story with a twist ending you never see coming. You also learn a lot about psychology in his stories. I read this one in one day. Loved it!
2. The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen. Fabulous book! Another with an amazing twist ending. I love when authors can do a good story without being too obvious who the culprit is. It lets your brain work trying to put pieces together and I love when I’m surprised!
3. Greenwich Park by Katherine Faulkner. An incredible tale about the past catching up. It had so many twists and turns and leaves you wondering who in the world is the culprit? Turns out there can be more than one! It had an awesome ending.
4. One Step Too Far by Lisa Gardner. I love Lisa Gardner and have read all of her novels. This one was just incredible! I read it well into the night because I just had to finish it. If you’re into hiking and tent camping, this one will stick with you! Lots of wondering who you can trust and constant action. So good.
5. The Love of My Life by Rosie Walsh. This was a different style than my other favorites. Not so much murder and whodunit, but more psychological. Another one of deception and how secrets can’t stay buried forever. They’ll find you. This is an easy read and nothing gruesome. 🙂
I hope this gave you some new books to add to your reading list! Enjoy!
Leave a Reply